Access and associated security level are provided based on a pre-determined role and the tasks each user will be performing within the ERP system. Abel ERP is comprised of many modules with various links, pages, tables, and fields, therefore
users may have different levels of access for different modules, e.g., a user may have Maintenance Level Access for CRM Prospects and have View Only Access for Sales information.
Granting users the appropriate security level access is very important to the success of maintaining data security within the system.
• Privacy – Keeping data hidden from unauthorized parties.
• Integrity – Keeping transmitted data intact.
• Authentication – Verification of the identity of an entity that’s transferring data.
• Access – Providing the user with appropriate menus and ability to select pages (components) from those menus.
• Authorization – Providing users with access to the data they are allowed to access.
• Non-repudiation – Capability to assert that updates or modifications were performed by a particular user based on the user’s certificate.
The legitimacy and accuracy of data within the system relies heavily on preventing unauthorized users access to sensitive data, and making sure authorized users have consistent access to the data needed to perform tasks.